Shotgun House Neighborhood

Is there a neighborhood in Galveston which somewhat resembles Houston's 4th Ward / Freeman's Town?

Yes, It's called "The Bottoms". Bascilly north of Broadway between 40th and 26th streets. The are was pretty well flooded out by Hurricane Ike. Central Middle School is in the center of this neighborhood.

Yes, It's called "The Bottoms". Bascilly north of Broadway between 40th and 26th streets. The are was pretty well flooded out by Hurricane Ike. Central Middle School is in the center of this neighborhood.

I've always heard of that area referred to as "The Jungle". Probably the only meaningfully intact part of The Jungle is between about 33rd and 41st, north of Broadway, and south of Avenue F.

In all my travels into crappy neighborhoods, I've only ever been held up at knifepoint once, and that's where.

I've always heard of that area referred to as "The Jungle". Probably the only meaningfully intact part of The Jungle is between about 33rd and 41st, north of Broadway, and south of Avenue F.

In all my travels into crappy neighborhoods, I've only ever been held up at knifepoint once, and that's where.

Thanks! I stumbled across this neighborhood once, and would like to revisit it. My recollection is that the relationship between houses, and the streets and alleys, was unconventional.

I have an affinity for crappy neighborhoods, but appreciate the 'heads up'. I'll put my guardian angel on notice.

• The title was changed to Shotgun House Neighborhood

Archived