Dueling outlet malls in Galveston County

I thought I saw a thread around here last week about a new outlet mall going up in Galveston County, but for some reason I can't find it right now.

Anyway, now it looks like there are TWO outlet malls coming, according to our friends at the Galveston County Daily News: http://galvestondailynews.com/story/205258

Tanger Factory Outlet Centers said Monday it planned a 95-store outlet mall near Interstate 45 and FM 646 in League City.
The announcement confirming weeks of speculation came just days after another major outlet mall operator — Indianapolis, Ind.-based Simon Property Group — said it planned a 350,000-square-foot center along Interstate 45, south of Holland Road.

That's a LOT of retail space to fill.

Good news I guess. But, if these two new malls go up as planned, there will be four in Galveston County. All of them pretty close to each other.

I thought I saw a thread around here last week about a new outlet mall going up in Galveston County, but for some reason I can't find it right now.

Here's the thread your looking for.

I've seen on city-data where a poster said something about third outlet coming to the area. I have no idea on any locations.

The chances of all of the proposed malls actually being constructed is roughly zero. All of the proposed developments are looking for lessees. Only the most successful (probably only one) will be built.