Festival Time

I have a big request for everyone coming to the Greek Festival, since the organizers don't seem to care:

Please don't throw you garbage in the street or on people's lawns. Someone, usually the homeowner (since AOS seems to believe we exist only to clean up after their fund raisers) has to pick that up.

Also, don't park in front of someone's driveway.

Thanks!

A Local Resident, who does not enjoy the Greek Festival at all.

(and just to make it clear, Griff's St Pat's day party does not have the same problem, so they are welcome in the 'hood. Same with the Pride Parade. No garbage there)

Community Announcement: Fall means festival time.

Greek Festival and Italian Festival are coming up soon.

Greek Festival

Oct 7 -10

Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral

Italian Festival

Oct 15-17

University of St. Thomas

Gyros, Baklava, Cardunis, Bocce, Cannolis,.. Oh my!

Holy smokes! we have an italian festival now? I better start growing an insane mustache to get my Italian on.

Holy smokes! we have an italian festival now? I better start growing an insane mustache to get my Italian on.

The Italian Festival has been around a long time. I don't think it stuck as much because they moved the venue from place to place each year. Is this their first time at St. Toms? I wonder if this will be a permanent location.

See you at Greek & Italian festivals and the Courtlandt Place Historic Home tour. My oh my, so many things to do within walking distance.

The Italian Festival has been around a long time. I don't think it stuck as much because they moved the venue from place to place each year. Is this their first time at St. Toms? I wonder if this will be a permanent location.

See you at Greek & Italian festivals and the Courtlandt Place Historic Home tour. My oh my, so many things to do within walking distance.

Yeah, I noticed that. Prolly too hung over from the greekfest to remember Ital-fest.

Damn. I was doing so damn well with my waistline.

Yeah, the Italian festival has not been quite as stable. For years, it was held at St. Annes or downtown and was quite successful. Then they screwed the pooch when they moved it out to the Farm & Ranch Club, 30 miles outside of town. It was there for years and crowds suffered for years. I think last year was the first yr at UST and it was a wild success, so hopefully they have found a more permanent home.

For those that like the Italiano food.. there is also the lesser known Sicilian Festival. I don't think they have the resources to pull it off every year, but maybe every 2 of 3.... its up at Sacred Heart Federation on 45, I believe usually in the spring.

Yeah, the Italian festival has not been quite as stable. For years, it was held at St. Annes or downtown and was quite successful. Then they screwed the pooch when they moved it out to the Farm & Ranch Club, 30 miles outside of town. It was there for years and crowds suffered for years. I think last year was the first yr at UST and it was a wild success, so hopefully they have found a more permanent home.

For those that like the Italiano food.. there is also the lesser known Sicilian Festival. I don't think they have the resources to pull it off every year, but maybe every 2 of 3.... its up at Sacred Heart Federation on 45, I believe usually in the spring.

Wasn't the Italian Festival on Whitney in the early days? It was not a very large place, maybe a KC hall or American Legion hall. No activities, just lots of good food.

Wasn't the Italian Festival on Whitney in the early days? It was not a very large place, maybe a KC hall or American Legion hall. No activities, just lots of good food.

That's the Sacred Heart Society Hall, the location of the Sicilian Festival... I don't know if the Italian Festival was ever located there as well, but I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to get the two festivals confused.

I should have done a little research before posting earlier. According to the Festa Italiana web site they did move to Saint Anne's on Westheimer in 1990 from their original location "behind the Sacred Heart Hall off Airline".

I attended the Italian Fest in the mid 80's and it was not yet the huge production that it is today. Per their site, the festival wanted to grow so they needed more room. Apparently they've needed more room several times since then. Hopefully they've found a comfortable fit and will stay at St. Thomas for some years.

• The title was changed to Festival Time