Timeline On Feeder Roads

Anyone know when Studewood will be reopened? The traffic on Oxford with the detour is outrageous. With the increase in autos and now Metro busses, the roads & trees are taking a brutal beating. The only good news is the folks at the massive apartment complex aren't parking on the road any longer.

Why not just exit Shepherd/Durham or even Taylor (though in the afternoons the traffic is fairly horrendous around Taylor)?

Anyone know when Studewood will be reopened? The traffic on Oxford with the detour is outrageous. With the increase in autos and now Metro busses, the roads & trees are taking a brutal beating. The only good news is the folks at the massive apartment complex aren't parking on the road any longer.

Why not just exit Shepherd/Durham or even Taylor (though in the afternoons the traffic is fairly horrendous around Taylor)?

I think Heightsite's question is more concerned with the effects of the increased traffic on the neighborhood than avoiding traffic.

Bingo, dbigtex56! Our "quiet" little neighborhood is becoming less and less quiet these days. Our streets are not suited for high traffic and there seems to be little courtesy from many commuters.

I guess I fail to see the problem (besides noise). That traffic was going through the neighborhood anyway right? Just down a different street (Studewood). Sure, having some of the heavy trucks take these streets is hurting the street but the way I see it, this traffic was coming through the Heights with or without the construction. Are you saying that the traffic is fine as long as it isn't down your street?

We have a lot of traffic down Heights Blvd. and it's become worse over the past couple of months, but it's not too much to handle. A lot of people are using our street to bypass the mess on 11th and they are residents of the area yet they speed, run stop signs, etc.

Edited by Hartmann

I guess I fail to see the problem (besides noise). That traffic was going through the neighborhood anyway right?

No, the northbound Studemont/Montrose traffic that would normally turn left onto the I-10W feeder is being detoured through his neighborhood. Hence he wants to know when the left turn lane from northbound Studemont to I-10 will be reopened. It is currently blocked by temporary concrete barriers.

I live next to the bike trail on Oxford, and I feel like people speed up to try to get air time while going over the hump that is the trail. Otherwise, I can't figure out why people like to gun it between the stop signs on 5th and White Oak. (and this is pre-construction detour)

No, the northbound Studemont/Montrose traffic that would normally turn left onto the I-10W feeder is being detoured through his neighborhood. Hence he wants to know when the left turn lane from northbound Studemont to I-10 will be reopened. It is currently blocked by temporary concrete barriers.

No, I understand. I live in the Heights and have seen the traffic. He's complaining about traffic on the detour route. People knew this was coming. In fact, I believe I posted about it when this project was talked about in another thread.

It sucks the road is getting beat up but there's nothing we can do about it.

• The title was changed to Timeline On Feeder Roads