RSS reader

I've been a Bloglines user for a couple years now, so I'm pretty miffed that it's being shut down by its parent company, Ask.com, at the end of the month.

Can anyone recommend a replacement... besides google reader?

Features I'm looking for..

Web based.

One that has a separate downloadable taskbar notification utility.

Iphone friendly website or iphone app

Well, you can always use My Yahoo, but I got so frustrated with it (it will only show the last 10 items in any feed) that I switched to Google Reader, which takes a little getting used to but is very powerful. Is your opposition because of the Google-is-dangerously-omniscient variety, or is there something else you don't like about it?

Is your opposition because of the Google-is-dangerously-omniscient variety,

Yes. Google Reader is Plan C.... i figure there have to be some 3rd party readers as good as bloglines out there.

I've googled some on it, but i'm really not looking forward to signing up for and importing my feeds into 5 different readers to find something good. I havent been able to find a good comparison or review of web-based feeders.. That's why I'm asking Haif.

I know this isn't the workflow you're looking for, but it might spark an idea: I use the Safari RSS reader. The RSS feeds I have bookmarked on my desktop Safari sync automagically to my iPhone through .Me, and I can use the iPhone's Safari RSS reader when I'm not at home.

• 1 month later...

Archived