Katy Fwy. & Grand Pkwy.

Well, at least they're picking the two right ramps to build, but 479 days till completion?

"Construction is about to begin on the long awaited project in far West Harris County to build two direct connector ramps from IH 10 westbound to SH 99 southbound and from SH 99 northbound to IH 10 eastbound. The addition of these ramps will significantly improve the mobility and flow of traffic traveling through the IH 10 West/SH 99 intersection. Once complete, motorists who travel SH 99 northbound to IH 10 eastbound and IH 10 westbound to SH 99 southbound will see a reduction in travel time by using the ramps to bypass the signalized intersection.""Construction is about to begin on the long awaited project in far West Harris County to build two direct connector ramps from IH 10 westbound to SH 99 southbound and from SH 99 northbound to IH 10 eastbound. The addition of these ramps will significantly improve the mobility and flow of traffic traveling through the IH 10 West/SH 99 intersection. Once complete, motorists who travel SH 99 northbound to IH 10 eastbound and IH 10 westbound to SH 99 southbound will see a reduction in travel time by using the ramps to bypass the signalized intersection."

Well, at least they're picking the two right ramps to build, but 479 days till completion?

"Construction is about to begin on the long awaited project in far West Harris County to build two direct connector ramps from IH 10 westbound to SH 99 southbound and from SH 99 northbound to IH 10 eastbound. The addition of these ramps will significantly improve the mobility and flow of traffic traveling through the IH 10 West/SH 99 intersection. Once complete, motorists who travel SH 99 northbound to IH 10 eastbound and IH 10 westbound to SH 99 southbound will see a reduction in travel time by using the ramps to bypass the signalized intersection

Memo to self - avoid this intersection for the next 18 months.

I wonder how long until 99 Southbound to I-10 Eastbound will be complete. The feeder road trying to turn left to get to I-10E can get pretty backed up. But, looks like traffic is going to get even worse at that intersection. You'll probably be seeing a lot more people going to Katy-Ft. Bend and doing a U-turn.

I wonder how long until 99 Southbound to I-10 Eastbound will be complete. The feeder road trying to turn left to get to I-10E can get pretty backed up. But, looks like traffic is going to get even worse at that intersection. You'll probably be seeing a lot more people going to Katy-Ft. Bend and doing a U-turn.

The key to avoiding the northbound intersection (turning east on 10) is to exit Kingsland, go through the light and turn right on E Fernhurst dr. This takes you directly to the I-10 feeder road. I'm really suprised that more people don't recognize this.

The key to avoiding the northbound intersection (turning east on 10) is to exit Kingsland, go through the light and turn right on E Fernhurst dr. This takes you directly to the I-10 feeder road. I'm really suprised that more people don't recognize this.

I never thought about this. Wow. I'm going to have to pass this off to my other South Katy friends. You skip the old I-10 feeder, too, which can get backed up, also.

• The title was changed to Katy Fwy. & Grand Pkwy.