Hempstead Roller Coaster

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!! DO NOT TRY!!!!!!!!!!!

you know where 6 splits off at hempstead?its right by lawerance marshall cheverolet and that concrete statue place. on the high flyover thing, make sure the traffic is clear and floor it down the slope. its steep enough to feel some G's when your going over the limit.

IF YOU DIE ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!

Being a student @ PVAMU, and orginally from Bryan-College Station, I remember when they first built that flyover, I think it is a bit out of place, but we must remember that was Waller County's first controlled access facility, so they wanted some type of signature, and I guiess that is is going down the ramp I usually hit about 80 MPH myself...

This may be a bit road-geekish, but aren't flyovers wonderful? You know, a ramp that lets you make a left turn off the freeway onto a major cross street or thoroughfare while avoiding a merge onto the service road and a couple lights.

Examples are I45 N at Woodlands Parkway and Beltway 8 at Airport Blvd. Someday there will be one at I45 S and Harborside Drive as you come onto Galveston Island, giving motorists improved access to the Strand district. What other freeway exits are good candidates for flyovers?

I know all about the Hempstead Roller Coaster. In fact, it's probably the only cool thing about the drive from College Station to Houston. I pretty much stay at 60 until it curves, and then I also go as fast as I can down the hill--but I slow down just in time for the merge onto 290 just in case Hempstead and/or Waller County has some of its finest in place to add to their general funds.

:D

As far as future flyovers, I think that anywhere SH 6/FM 1960 intersects a freeway should have flyover interchanges.