Ye Olde Garage

ricco67

I know they have limitations on space, but I wished she would have gone into more detail on the pitfalls of "free" parking, but I would have loved to have read a longer article on the entire subject.

Parking is a whole field of study. You'd be amazed at how involved it is.

You might be interested in this book. Personally, though, I'd prefer starting off with technical information and working my way to policy.

Love this article and it has a couple of good points.

I know they have limitations on space, but I wished she would have gone into more detail on the pitfalls of "free" parking, but I would have loved to have read a longer article on the entire subject.

Very boring topic, but well written article, with some very necessary facts & info. Thanks for bringing this forward. I'll continue clinging to my very expensive parking space for now, but innovation is usually the winning deal. I'm certain that in Houston, some entrepreneur will come up with a fun, and affordable alternative.

I agree with the article that the garage between Terminals A and B at IAH is nice. Not just the exterior panels, but the interior ramp structure is amazing.

I've said this before, but if the city needs to raise money then tax parking spaces. Free parking should be discouraged.

Very boring topic, but well written article, with some very necessary facts & info. Thanks for bringing this forward. I'll continue clinging to my very expensive parking space for now, but innovation is usually the winning deal. I'm certain that in Houston, some entrepreneur will come up with a fun, and affordable alternative.

I've always found subjects in regards to infrastructure fascinating. People simply don't appreciate in what it takes to make a city livable.

Archived