Insurance

Highway6

My agent has incompetent buffoons working for her. Their customer service is just absolutely awful.

When you call your insurance agent and offer them more business, you don't expect to be put on hold for 15 minutes, then told they would get back to you that afternoon, then be ignored for several days.

So my question - Can I move my State Farm policy to another agent? Local agents are just middlemen, right?

Is it just changing the middleman, or does my current agent some how have her fingers on my policy and I'd have to get a new one to switch??

My agent has incompetent buffoons working for her. Their customer service is just absolutely awful.

When you call your insurance agent and offer them more business, you don't expect to be put on hold for 15 minutes, then told they would get back to you that afternoon, then be ignored for several days.

So my question - Can I move my State Farm policy to another agent? Local agents are just middlemen, right?

Is it just changing the middleman, or does my current agent some how have her fingers on my policy and I'd have to get a new one to switch??

Yes. You need to tell the current agent directly that you are moving the policy because of service dissatisfaction. (They have some sort of deal where the agent needs release you, which ensures other agents aren't swiping business from each other).

I was looking at moving ours, partially because the agent is across town and also because there has been little effort on their part. The agent did do a thorough review of the policy, so I am satisfied to stay for now.

Another question since I obviously don't know the workings of the insurance industry.

Do agents mark-up policies? Are they essentially just car salesmen getting whatever slice of the pie they can get away with?

Would i get different quotes from 5 different State Farm agents or would they all pull down the same crunched numbers from HQ and make me the same offer?

Another question since I obviously don't know the workings of the insurance industry.

Do agents mark-up policies? Are they essentially just car salesmen getting whatever slice of the pie they can get away with?

Would i get different quotes from 5 different State Farm agents or would they all pull down the same crunched numbers from HQ and make me the same offer?

No. The rates and agent's comp is scheduled by the carrier. The agents can get performance incentives (bonuses and enhanced commissions) for doing more business.

Archived