New Gas Station Coming To West Pearland

Timnwendy

I heard from a fairly reliable source that a new gas station (reputed to be Shell) is going to be built in the southwest corner of the intersection of Broadway and Kingsley Dr. (Co. Rd 48) on Pearland's far west side. No ETA on when it will be finished; the area is still in the land-clearing stage. Supposedly, this gas station is only part of the infrastructure that is planned for that location; other stuff will be located there too.

If this station does appear, I hope it has a car wash out back! I'm tired of the overcrowded wash down at the HEB.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that a new gas station (reputed to be Shell) is going to be built in the southwest corner of the intersection of Broadway and Kingsley Dr. (Co. Rd 48) on Pearland's far west side. No ETA on when it will be finished; the area is still in the land-clearing stage. Supposedly, this gas station is only part of the infrastructure that is planned for that location; other stuff will be located there too.

If this station does appear, I hope it has a car wash out back! I'm tired of the overcrowded wash down at the HEB.

Thanks for the info. I would hate to own one of those houses backing to this area. Do you know if Broadway is completed now and goes all the way to 521?

Thanks for the info. I would hate to own one of those houses backing to this area. Do you know if Broadway is completed now and goes all the way to 521?

Yes, some of my neighbors in The Enclave at Southern Trails are not happy about this commerical construction in their back yard. If they had only done some more investigation before they bought on those lots....but, I digress.

I checked last weekend and Broadway is not open to Almeda Rd. yet. I believe the opening is still being delayed by the issue with the railroad (which seems nonsensical to me).

On another note, I read in the city council notes a few weeks ago that someone had applied to build another gas station on the corner of Kirby Drive and Co. Rd. 59. This will be in the northeast lot of that intersection, next to the Southgate subdivision. That location will also be helpful, but not as convenient for ST/SCR residents as the one on Broadway and Kingsley.

I checked last weekend and Broadway is not open to Almeda Rd. yet. I believe the opening is still being delayed by the issue with the railroad (which seems nonsensical to me).

I understand the railroad issue was solved and they were moving forward with the completion of the final connection to 521. It should be completed soon. Will try to drive around this weekend to see if they are doing any work.

Freebirds opens tomorrow!

• The title was changed to New Gas Station Coming To West Pearland

Archived