Composting Site

SaintCyr

Has anyone given any thought to creating a neighborhood composting site? I'm not sure what all would be involved or how much interest there is but I see all these leaves and grass clippings bagged up and can't help but think about all the benefit the communities' gardners might have from the compost. Anyone's thoughts on this?

Has anyone given any thought to creating a neighborhood composting site? I'm not sure what all would be involved or how much interest there is but I see all these leaves and grass clippings bagged up and can't help but think about all the benefit the communities' gardners might have from the compost. Anyone's thoughts on this?

maintenance will probably play a big part--compost has to be stirred and turned---one person would have to be designated( incharge ?) don't you think? trying to make sure the ratio of fresh scraps and bown vegetation is fairly equal? making sure to keep it moist?

but places like the mandell park--they would benefit--and i could see community gardens at schools and urban harvest would also benefit. . . . . it's a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived