The Game Player Video Game Store

brunsonpark08

If you want to see pics of vintage toy/electronic stores check out www.plaidstallions.com They have pics of a store called The Game Player. I am pretty sure this store was located in the San Jacinto Mall in Baytown. I used to go to this mall frequently as a child and I remember you could actually play a game before buying. They also had Dungeons and Dragons merchandise, if you were so inclined.

http://www.plaidstallions.com/toystores/gp1.jpg

http://www.plaidstallions.com/toystores/gp2.jpg

http://www.plaidstallions.com/toystores/gp3.jpg

The Game Player was at Baybrook Mall. We had a Babbage's. I bought my first Pente game set at The Game Player. See those red and black cylinders on the shelf in that second photo. Those are Pente games.

Edited by TJones

The Game Player was at Baybrook Mall. We had a Babbage's. I bought my first Pente game set at The Game Player. See those red and black cylinders on the shelf in that second photo. Those are Pente games.

I recall Babbage's moved from Baybrook mall to a strip center behind the Target store just south on Bay Area Blvd. At that same time, I think an Electronics Boutique outlet (later Game Stop?) moved into the mall location vacated by Babbage's. The Babbage's store in the strip center was eventually closed. A confirmation and time line on all this would be appreciated.

The old photos are great! I forgot all about "Intelevision". Anyone remember Bill Cosby peddling the TI99's?

Yes, we had a Game Peddler in San Jac, as well as a Babbage's. Bought a TI-99 at the Game Peddler.

Do you remember what wing the Game Peddler was in? My memory isn't so good. Thinking the Wards wing but not certain.

Didn't they have D&D, other RPG stuff, and board games?

Do you remember what wing the Game Peddler was in? My memory isn't so good. Thinking the Wards wing but not certain.

Didn't they have D&D, other RPG stuff, and board games?

I seem to remember it over by the Wicks and Sticks going towards Monkey Ward's . Babbage's was across from Walden Books on the Foley's/Macy's side.

Do you remember the Christmas wrapping paper kiosk booth that would pop up during the holidays, over by Nine West going towards Service Merchandise?

• The title was changed to The Game Player Video Game Store