A "hot List"

Hey all,

Some of you may have noticed that I have been rather absent and haven't been contributing as much as I used to (much to glee of some members. :D ).

The reason for this is that my business has taken off substantially and have been trying to acquire information on the "hotspots" around town and have been a little overwhelmed.

Let me explain a bit further:

While most of my business is rather ordinary dealing with local people who already know the layout of the city, I've been bewildered in trying to get this information in a cohesive (and most importantly; accurate) list for the traveling businessman to entertain themselves.

Before you ask: Yes, I have a substantial list of "adult entertainment" You'd be surprised what I get asked for. I might share it sometime if Editor decides to put in a "18 and up" restricted forum.

I already have a list on my IPAQ of several major resturants and greasy spoons as well as Museums and typical tourist destinations that is constantly growing. Occasionally I'm thrown for a loop on for such inquiries such as, "Where can I take my friend from tokyo to have a taste of home. Maybe a Local Japanese bar with a good singles scene?" :unsure:

As you all know there are so many places around town it's impossible for everyone to go to know and go to everyplace and be knowledgeable about it.

What I'm asking is a list of your personal "favorite" out of the way places for you to eat, along with address phone number and the type of food.

While I would prefer you to email me the information on my website to more easily sift, edit, and add to my list, I think it would be of great service to the rest of the forum as well as the business owners of those particular establishments.

Basically: HELP! :blink:

If the information is sent to me, I will do my darndest to share the information on here, or perhaps offer it as a download in a zip file so other people can add it to their PDA's.

What do you guys think?

The format appreciated would be:

Name

Address

Number:

Type of resturant:

Region of food

Personal comments and highlights

Thanks in advance

Ricco

www.yourhoustonconcierge.com

www.yourhoustonconcierge.com

info@yourhoustonconcierge.com

Just a thought - as long as you're compiling information about hotspots...why not also gather/provide information for the business traveller on WIFI hotspots?  When i'm travelling, this is the most frustrating search - perhaps someone knows how this information might be already readily available?

Seconded!

Well, as often as I run around town, I've actually written down a list of areas where I can get some bandwidth from people who have an unsecured wireless network/internet access.

The list basically comprises of locations around town where I can drive up, park and get a signal and attach a server.

Many of the places are in areas like Montrose, Tanglewood, Musuem district, and along westheimer.

currently my list is about 10-20 locations.

Jwire is a good list of hotspots, but I agree with God's assessment. it's incomplete and cumbersome.

Ricco