11th St. & Heights Blvd.

just got this from another Heights mom today:

Beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, crews reconstructing the 610 North Loop between Ella Blvd and I-45 will be shifting traffic on to the eastbound lanes of the freeway, and onto the outside shoulder.

I just spoke to the TXDOT central engineers office and inquired as to what the project entails and the duration. Here is what I got.

This project is the resurfacing of 610 North Loop between Ella and 45! The footprint of freeway, including the bridges and frontage roads will stay the same. The whole project will last at LEAST until December 2011!!

1st phase, which begins with this weekend's closure, will take about 7-8 months. They are switching the traffic on the north-side to the far 3 lanes. This will allow for resurfacing of the middle section of the freeway. During the 2nd phase, this same traffic-flow will switch to the middle 3 lanes, allowing the closed area to be resurfaced. Again, this will take 7-8 months. The final phase will be the south-side traffic moving to the center lanes and then resurfacing those final 3 lanes. The project also includes resurfacing of frontage roads. There was some unclarity as to when the frontage roads would be worked on - something about it depending on the flow of the rest of the project.

Also, all closures are subject to change due to inclement weather.

My suggestion is to STAY AWAY FROM 610!!

hmm... well, between being the world's best mom, heights blogger extrodonaire, wife of the millenium and superior role model for modesty/humility, i don't have time to read the traffic forum tongue.gif

Don't forget - you're a fellow MASShole too! Gotta spend time watching the (awful this year) Sox! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Any comments out there about the movement of the house at Heights and 11th? I had heard that a strip center was going to be put in on the front of the lot, but I recall the developer said that the house would be restored. This appears to be another classic moment in real estate development history in Houston. What is the word for it when thousands of people invest in a neighborhood only to see its its historical main thoroughfare turned into a commercial strip?

• The title was changed to Construction On 610

Archived