City Guessing Game 24

Porchman

GUESSING GAME OVER - All this energy calling me, back where it comes from...

You know the rules. If you know it either make a clever (clever=not obvious) post. No purchase necessary. No prizes will be awarded. Any similarity to Artefaqs is purely coincidence. May cause anxiety, dizziness or incontinence.

Severance Hall - winter home of the Cleveland Orchestra. Underwent a major restoration a few years ago.

ccgg24a.jpg

The Heart and Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic.

ccgg24c.jpg

Stingy, Schwinn. No, sparing. We want to save something for bored people waiting for the 3-day weekend at the office tomorrow.

University Circle. Cleveland Museum of Art at left. Severance Hall - center, foreground. The campus of Case Western Reserve University in the background (including Frank Gehry's Peter Lewis Building at the very top).

ccgg24d.jpg

Thanks for starting one, Porchman.

The 3rd photo looks like it could be a university campus.. somewhere in the east.

Looks like some gothic styled churches, which could be found on some older campuses. Plus.. looks like a Gehry type appendage on the bldg at the top of that photo.. so again.. might be a newer campus bldg.

Course.. those don't necessarily justify my guess.

I'm gonna cast a wide net and say Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, though really that is 100% guessing.

Somebody has good eyes

The roof of the Peter B. Lewis Building

ccgg24g.jpg

East 4th Street. (I cropped this one because the sign for Michael Symon's restaurant, Lola, is on the right).

cgg24c.jpg

Lake Erie, of course.

cgg24b.jpg

The Rapid Transit platform at Tower City Center. cgg24a.jpg

A couple more. I'll post the final in a while.

The Public Square entrance to Tower City Center (at the base of the Terminal Tower).

cgg24h.jpg

The Cleveland Playhouse designed by Philip Johnson. Sadly the upkeep of this rather large facility has been a major burden for the repertory theatre. They plan to move downtown and share space with several other organizations at Playhouse Square which is comprised of the five, restored Lowes theaters. The future for this property is uncertain.

cgg24i.jpg

OU campus had some gothic buildings on it now that I think about it.. so does Tulane.. A case could be made for lots of western or central US campuses as well, i suppose.

Oooo, that's really good! I didn't catch that at first.

Congratulations to Highway6! You photographers have sharp eyes! I had considered trimming that aerial shot.

I'll label all of the above.

Of course, it's I.M. Pei's building that rocks. Skyline from Cleveland Harbor. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center in the foreground.

cgg24g.jpg

The Mall

cgg24f.jpg

Skyline from the Flats. (l to r) Key Tower, 200 Public Square (fka the BP Building), the Terminal Tower, and the Ohio State Office Building.

cgg24j.jpg

Shows what good eyes I have - I was only referring to Cleveland in general. I had no clue what the photo in #5 was and completely missed that it was Pei's R&R Hall of Fame.

Edit.. wait... is that building in 5 even the Hall of Fame is that another glass pyramidal building ?

Also.. That Tower City Building. That shot instantly reminded me of Drew Carey's office... I suppose that was on purpose by the show to further pay homage to the city and to a building that the Clevlandinians would be familiar with.

Edit.. wait... is that building in 5 even the Hall of Fame is that another glass pyramidal building ?

Also.. That Tower City Building. That shot instantly reminded me of Drew Carey's office... I suppose that was on purpose by the show to further pay homage to the city and to a building that the Clevlandinians would be familiar with.

The glass building is the Botanical Gardens.

I believe the building of which they took the exterior shot for Drew Carey's workplace is the Halle Building. It used to be a department store.

Archived