Using Landscape Stones For Curbs

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to place your own makeshift curbstones along the street adjacent to your property ?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe ( at certain times, nearby constr. etc.)

She sounds like such a lovely person to have for a neighbor. ;)

Your extra space, is that a head in parking space, or is it parallel to the street? My understanding is that you can put in a 16 foot wide driveway, basically a two car wide parking area, but covering the entire 50 foot width is a non-no...even though one of my neighbors did that (unpermitted, of course).

My driveway is basically built to the side setback on my North side, and my extra parking spot is built to my side setback on my South side - I have 28+ feet of open ditch when combined between the two and counting the setbacks on each side. It is a head in parking space though all the way to the sidewalk. I have an area large enough to park a car between my two drives - in fact, when people come over they frequently park in between my two drives - though when I have alot of folks over, I pack them down my driveway first, then onto the street...its easier for everyone.

Your extra space, is that a head in parking space, or is it parallel to the street? My understanding is that you can put in a 16 foot wide driveway, basically a two car wide parking area, but covering the entire 50 foot width is a non-no...even though one of my neighbors did that (unpermitted, of course).

i believe code allows the entire 50' width to be covered as long as you put a cleanout box every 32'. when you get your permit, they'll give you the specifics.

• 4 weeks later...

i believe code allows the entire 50' width to be covered as long as you put a cleanout box every 32'. when you get your permit, they'll give you the specifics.

Does anyone have more specifics on how to obtain a permit to cover the culvert and build a parking space?

Is the additional parking space which is built over a culvert private, or can anyone park there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

you might try here for fee schedule and on same page there's link on how to obtain permit. as for making the space private, that's another issue. i've seen people do this to extend their front yard to the street and end up having people park partially over the newly created yard. but if you're making a concreted driveway, hopefully they'll have more respect and not block it or park in it.

Archived