Downtown Seattle On April 30th 2005

Looks pretty awesome! I really like Seattle's urban scene, which is..real...

Seattle has a great downtown. It helps that it has some heavily populated middle class neighborhoods right next door (Queen Anne, etc...). Maybe once Midtown fills in that will provide the critical mass of ordinary consumers to encourage similar development in downtown Houston.

Seattle has a great downtown.  It helps that it has some heavily populated middle class neighborhoods right next door (Queen Anne, etc...).  Maybe once Midtown fills in that will provide the critical mass of ordinary consumers to encourage similar development in downtown Houston.

Totally Agree with da Editor, yo. My suggestion to the city would be to have a pedestrian square similar to Main Street Square somewhere midtown. A no-cars-allowed shopping and retail square being the main hot-market place for that part of town. It'd be a good way to spur up the urban development they desire.

yo, and pwright1, great pics, yo!

When were these pictures taken, P. Wright?

And if I can FINALLY come up with some negative criticism, I'll say that it seems as if Seattle could stand to have some wider sidewalks (not the ones in these pics). Some of them appear to be awfully narrow.

Okay, I've successfully found a negative to lob at Seattle. I feel better now. :)

That's a beautiful looking mall, BTW.

When were these pictures taken, P. Wright?

And if I can FINALLY come up with some negative criticism, I'll say that it seems as if Seattle could stand to have some wider sidewalks (not the ones in these pics). Some of them appear to be awfully narrow.

Okay, I've successfully found a negative to lob at Seattle. I feel better now. :)

That's a beautiful looking mall, BTW.

I took all of these pics this past Saturday, April 30th 2005. You reall think we need wider sidewalks? I never noticed. Here's a few more from April 30th.

8320Medium.jpg

8323Medium.jpg

8332Medium.jpg

8374Medium.jpg

8357Medium.jpg

8358Medium.jpg

8331Medium.jpg