Secure pdfs

"Document Access Denied

This machine is not registered for access to this document. Please contact blah blah Tech Support at blahblah@blah.com "

Anybody know a way around this ?

I've tried opening the file. Create new file from this file. Renaming the file. Changing the file extension. Changing the access.

All pretty futile attempts.

Are you using Reader or Acrobat?

Tried Reader 8 and Professional 6

I believe its a Westlaw or something secure pdf. My wife can open it, but she cant edit, select text, print, anything. She can't do anything short of screenshots to access and manipulate the information. I figured I'd give it a try, but i cant even open the thing.

Tried Reader 8 and Professional 6

I believe its a Westlaw or something secure pdf. My wife can open it, but she cant edit, select text, print, anything. She can't do anything short of screenshots to access and manipulate the information. I figured I'd give it a try, but i cant even open the thing.

Ugh. I hate when people add all those restrictions to PDFs. I once got one that let me fill out the form, but then I could only print it -- not save it. So when it came time to re-submit the same form I had to fill it out all over again.

If your wife's computer has Adobe Photoshop, it can extract pages from PDFs, though how it will deal with protected files like the one you have, I don't know. If it works, you can at least save the pages as graphic documents, instead of screenshots.

Yeah, other than capturing an image, there are some programs you can download - not sure of the names, but Google them, find a reputable one, and you could probably then find a torrent..

Archived