Bistro 829

Lefty

The b4-u-eat website says that Bistro 829 is closed. Anybody know the skinny on that? We just ate at the fairly new 3 Olives owned by the same people last weekend, and one of the staff was talking about 3 Olives maybe starting to have monthly wine dinners like the Bistro. He certainly didn't indicate that the Bistro was closing!

The b4-u-eat website says that Bistro 829 is closed.  Anybody know the skinny on that?  We just ate at the fairly new 3 Olives owned by the same people last weekend, and one of the staff was talking about 3 Olives maybe starting to have monthly wine dinners like the Bistro.  He certainly didn't indicate that the Bistro was closing!

Their website is still up but it has changed.  And when I tried to make an online reservation, it said that they were temporarily offline.  Maybe they are revamping the restaurant, or perhaps they plan on putting everything into 3 Olives.  Also, There was no wine dinner listed for July.

Their website is still up but it has changed.  And when I tried to make an online reservation, it said that they were temporarily offline.  Maybe they are revamping the restaurant, or perhaps they plan on putting everything into 3 Olives.  Also, There was no wine dinner listed for July.

Just called 3 Olives. They verified that Bistro 829 closed last week for good. No plans for it right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

3 Olives is having another wine dinner. I copied/pasted what was on their Facebook.

On another note, has anyone tried the Take Home dinners from the Frana La Bodeguita/Imports place next door to them? It's on my list of things to do but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

3 Olives Wine Dinner

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM

$69 Per Person Plus Tax & Gratuity

Reservations 832.437.4062 (No Facebook Reservations Please)

-------

1st Course:

Vegetable Empanada with Balsamic Syrup

Patch Block Pinot Noir

Pay D’Oc, France

-------

2nd Course:

Garlic Grilled Shrimp

With Micro Greens and Fried Green Tomatoes

Stellina di Notte Prossecco, Italy

-------

3rd Course: