Guessing Game 13

SchwinnChopper68

OK, it seems the last one of mine (Dusseldorf) was way too easy. I will endeavor to make this one a tad harder. If you have been to this destination before this will be a easy slam dunk for you. Nowhere else quite like this place. More revealing photos will be posted if these stump the great minds of HAIF.

Since Daniepwils won GG #11 by guessing Belfast and I won GG #12 I PM'd him and he said to go ahead and start one since he likes guessing more than building.

Gentlemen and Ladies, start your engines!

Guidelines:

If you 100% know the answer, answer in a way that doesn't indicate you know 100% to allow others to keep guessing for a few days. (Either just state the answer without backing it up. Throw out misleading clues to throw off the others, Etc.)

hx9bt1.jpg

2ytscb4.jpg

1zgcitu.jpg

t5hzt1.jpg

4t8pjr.jpg

9zmyxc.jpg

290pkkn.jpg

4q0oc6.jpg

Santorini?

All the pictures I've seen of Santorini didn't have as much texture as these.. I just remember shot after shot of white walls and blue domes... no stone walls. I do think you're on the right track though.

Island in the Mediterranean was the first thought that came to mind.

I don't know any cities in Cyprus.. so I'm claiming the whole country.

hmm.. just noticed the peppers.. maybe not so much!

The Moorish influence and the word "LA" on number 27 make me think Spain. There are a lot of Spanish cities on the Med -- Cadiz, Gibraltar, Valencia, Barcelona. Just for fun I'll go with Palma de Mallorca.

I'm going to guess Corsica.. and gmaps shows me that the biggest city there is Porto-Vecchio.. so that's my guess.

I think the blue/white striped tent is a blue-white herring since i dont see blue in any other photo.

Sure why not. Ask a way.

Nah.. i feel like thats giving in maybe.. and nobody else seems to be active right now to see the clues.

At first I thought that red flag in the first batch was Turkey... its not. Then i figured by off chance it might be a Fifa football team flag... that was a long useless goose chase.

How bout Catania, Sicily....

I'm not playing this game, but I *had* to comment on the third photo in the original posting. When I saw the diamond pattern in the sidewalk, my thought was "walk pool lane" (ya know, like car pool lane... :-) )

Archived