TMC Fork In The Road With Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

Marksmu

"We want to make sure that Houston is always recognized as a national and global leader for research, for development of technologies that are on the cutting edge," said Moseley.

"If there is reform, there will be an effect on Houston," said University of Houston Data Manager Ron Welch. "The net effect on jobs and on the Texas Medical Center is going to be positive, yes."

But if you talk to those in the medical profession, it's what kind of reform and how much it effects the cost of providing good care that will determine whether it helps or hurts.

"Any system should reform itself, ought to look at how to reduce paperwork, reduce administrative overhead and that brings cost down, which can be used to help pay for the uninsured," said Memorial Hermann CEO Dan Wolterman.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6989641&rss=rss-ktrk-article-6989641

103 is not an ER situation. Been there, done that. I've been at 106 twice, yet only when I was vomiting bile did I bother with the ER. The other time it was a flu or something similar, and I filled the bathtub with cold water, emptied all my ice trays into it, and sat in it until a relative, who is a health practicioner, could arrive from out of town to ensure my survival. I probably saved a couple thousand dollars by doing that...proving my point, that the demand for healthcare is price elastic.

A couple of thousand? i had a kidney stone( i thought my appendix had burst) my over all bill before my insurance was 15,000 for an MRI and toradol for emergency room. I think i paid $300 bucks total(after insurance adjustments). My dr advised me to call him and go to a smaller ER from now on.

103 is not an ER situation. Been there, done that. I've been at 106 twice, yet only when I was vomiting bile did I bother with the ER. The other time it was a flu or something similar, and I filled the bathtub with cold water, emptied all my ice trays into it, and sat in it until a relative, who is a health practicioner, could arrive from out of town to ensure my survival. I probably saved a couple thousand dollars by doing that...proving my point, that the demand for healthcare is price elastic.

When I was about 4, I was very sick and taken to the ER with a 105 temp. What did the hospital do?

They put me in a giant ice water bath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to TMC Fork In The Road With Obamacare
  • The title was changed to TMC Fork In The Road With Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)