Is the Wheel of Fortune rigged?

cottonmather0

I made a post on Facebook about this and thought I would share here, too.

My kid and I watch Wheel of Fortune every night and I'm increasingly of the mind that the wheel itself is rigged. Not tin foil hats producers hitting the "brake" button to make it stop on bankrupt all of a sudden rigged, but some kind of spring loaded only make approximately one full turn when spun rigged. Seriously, if the darn thing weighs TWO TONS, how come little tiny ladies and big strong guys all spin it by approximately the same distance each time and at about the same speed?

It would seem to me that the darn thing doesn't spin freely - that no matter how fast it's spun by a contestant, it always comes back to a point on the wheel that's just a little bit more than one turn past where it started. In other words, if you're sitting on $500 and bankrupt is a couple of spots behind it, the chances of you landing on that bankrupt when it comes around again are better than even money, based on my rather feeble observations.

Has anyone here actually been on the show?

I made a post on Facebook about this and thought I would share here, too.

My kid and I watch Wheel of Fortune every night and I'm increasingly of the mind that the wheel itself is rigged. Not tin foil hats producers hitting the "brake" button to make it stop on bankrupt all of a sudden rigged, but some kind of spring loaded only make approximately one full turn when spun rigged. Seriously, if the darn thing weighs TWO TONS, how come little tiny ladies and big strong guys all spin it by approximately the same distance each time and at about the same speed?

It would seem to me that the darn thing doesn't spin freely - that no matter how fast it's spun by a contestant, it always comes back to a point on the wheel that's just a little bit more than one turn past where it started. In other words, if you're sitting on $500 and bankrupt is a couple of spots behind it, the chances of you landing on that bankrupt when it comes around again are better than even money, based on my rather feeble observations.

Has anyone here actually been on the show?

A friend of mine is going to be a contestant in July. I'll let you know what he says :)

flipper

Of course it's rigged. As all game shows are. And Vanna White has been a computer generated image for the past 10 years. That's why she seems to barely age. She is 87 after all. Pat Sajak is real although he had a frontal lobotomy in 02 and since then can only communicate through teleprompters.

Archived