Agoraphoria.com

Pumapayam

• 2 weeks later...

Idea, can we have a universal login to all these sites, or is that impossible?

It's possible, but would require $350/year in licensing fees for the software. Obviously, since Agoraphoria's traffic is so low, I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money on it.

Just lurked in the New York site, it's super quiet.

Yeah, it never took off like HAIF. Agoraphoria used to be CAIF, the Chicago Architecture Info Forum. It had a small following for a while, but fizzled out.

If you'd like to help breathe some life into Agoraphoria, the best thing to do is switch from lurker to poster. Most people don't like starting threads, but they're more likely to reply.

It's possible, but would require $350/year in licensing fees for the software. Obviously, since Agoraphoria's traffic is so low, I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money on it.

Yeah, it never took off like HAIF. Agoraphoria used to be CAIF, the Chicago Architecture Info Forum. It had a small following for a while, but fizzled out.

If you'd like to help breathe some life into Agoraphoria, the best thing to do is switch from lurker to poster. Most people don't like starting threads, but they're more likely to reply.

Well, let me visit NYC first. I can't comment on something that I have never experienced.

I already got chastised for discussing something like the "Menil", and I have yet to go visit. (dodges rocks) :P

If I am not being too nosy, with all these "sister" sites, do you have a summary, like activity/members/post count info ranking each "city" site?

Well, let me visit NYC first. I can't comment on something that I have never experienced.

I already got chastised for discussing something like the "Menil", and I have yet to go visit. (dodges rocks) :P

If I am not being too nosy, with all these "sister" sites, do you have a summary, like activity/members/post count info ranking each "city" site?

Being vague, the most successful sites are:

1. Glass Steel and Stone
  2. Houston Architecture
  3. Chicago Architecture
  4. London Architecture
  5. Tokyo Architecture

If you count HAIF as separate from Houston Architecture, then Houston drops behind Chicago.

Being vague, the most successful sites are:

1. Glass Steel and Stone
  2. Houston Architecture
  3. Chicago Architecture
  4. London Architecture
  5. Tokyo Architecture

If you count HAIF as separate from Houston Architecture, then Houston drops behind Chicago.

of the Architecture sites, why do you think Houston has been more successful than the others....

of the Architecture sites, why do you think Houston has been more successful than the others....

I was poking at Glass Steel and Stone, and it's relatively quiet in there too, some thread in topics not touched since 2007.

I was poking at Glass Steel and Stone, and it's relatively quiet in there too, some thread in topics not touched since 2007.

I guess I should have dropped into to NYAIF ( :D ) before my trip to New York last year so I could get a heads up on some of the EASIER ways go get around town. perhaps some of our more traveled and chattier HAIFers* should drop in.

*HAIFers make us sound like a herd of cattle. LOL.

Maybe because it was first, and because when it started there wasn't any competition. You'd think that the Chicago site would do better, but it's far from the only game in town. HAI doesn't really have much in the way of competing web sites.

Maybe because it was first, and because when it started there wasn't any competition. You'd think that the Chicago site would do better, but it's far from the only game in town. HAI doesn't really have much in the way of competing web sites.

that's what i thought initially...thanks

Archived