iPhone OS 3.0

There is already a method to enable tethering on AT&T without jail-breaking. Whether or not they can "catch" you and charge you for it is still up for discussion. So far though AT&T has yet to charge additional with those that are currently tethering on the their AT&T plan.

If you're talking about the foreign carrier settings trick (discussed elsewhere on HAIF), that doesn't work anymore in iPhone OS 3.0.1.

If you're talking about the foreign carrier settings trick (discussed elsewhere on HAIF), that doesn't work anymore in iPhone OS 3.0.1.

3.0.1 already out? Good to know, I don't currently need to update. The other solution to tethering would be Jail-Breaking.

I have noticed that my iPhone 3G with 3.0 lags a little bit when trying to type on the keyboard and what not. But nothing that really irritates me too much, I am still pretty happy with it.

And I can tether now with an updated profile, but they havent charged me for it yet. Although I haven't really used it much so they may have not noticed a difference in my data usage.

I have noticed that my iPhone 3G with 3.0 lags a little bit when trying to type on the keyboard and what not. But nothing that really irritates me too much, I am still pretty happy with it.

And I can tether now with an updated profile, but they havent charged me for it yet. Although I haven't really used it much so they may have not noticed a difference in my data usage.

Don't get used to the tethering, I heard they got a fix coming to remove it again.

• 5 weeks later...

So, people who want to instantly upload a photo on HAIF from their phones without access to a PC (say a construction update) have what choices?

Other than the direct upload to my facebook and using the %7Boption%7D link on here, is there another option?

Tinypic on Safari mobile does not support uploads from the iPhone.

I have a .me account as well, but don't want to constantly send stuff to my mobileme.

I am thinking "there is an App for that", help. . . :)

• 2 weeks later...

Puma will probably be excited about this one -- AT&T is going to activate MMS for iPhones on September 25th. I've never been a big fan of MMS, I always felt it's something that 12-year-old girls use, especially since iPhone users have full e-mail access. But some of the younger crowd think that MMS is worthy.

AT&T says it's coming as part of a software update. I'd guess that means iPhone OS 3.1 will be released that day.

Archived