The Sam Houston Tollway North of 290 gets the ole' PFC treatment

I saw the news this morning on KHOU talking about how the tollway is getting PFC asphalt on the section to the north of 290 to help curb hydroplaning. 288 south of 610 and portions of I-45 south already have PFC asphalt, and from what I've experienced on those sections, PFC not only absorbs water because of its porous surface, but provides a quieter ride. TxDOT usually has to mill and resurface asphalt lined roads every 5 years or so, but they're expecting this surface to last 15 years before it needs replacement.

Here's the video.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...d.698724dc.html

I saw the news this morning on KHOU talking about how the tollway is getting PFC asphalt on the section to the north of 290 to help curb hydroplaning. 288 south of 610 and portions of I-45 south already have PFC asphalt, and from what I've experienced on those sections, PFC not only absorbs water because of its porous surface, but provides a quieter ride. TxDOT usually has to mill and resurface asphalt lined roads every 5 years or so, but they're expecting this surface to last 15 years before it needs replacement.

Here's the video.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...d.698724dc.html

I saw that too. They also said they're using a new mix that supposedly reduces the plugging problems that greatly reduce PFC asphalt's draining effectiveness after a couple of years.