Possible sore subject, wheat pasting and stencil graffiti

I think this is art, but can understand how if it was affixed to private property could be offensive to the owner of said property.

As an owner of property that these vandals have squatted on many times, I can tell you that it is not art when the intent is fraudulent. I have travelled the world, and loved art since I can remember. I only appreciate art when it adds zest, and appreciation - not detraction, and petty vandalism. Though the vandals have talent, they still have destroyed some of my rental properties - thereby destroying art itself. I do not call them artists, lest they prove themselves in the arena. If you appreciate this type of so called, "Art", move to Detroit, and just cruise from the airport northward. You'll get your belly full of a town not worth the visit.

I knew that this subject matter might ruffle feathers. And everyone has a right to their opinion, especially when it comes to what is art. For the most part these guys will do this kind of art on run down, boarded up buildings and more often traffic signal utility boxes. I am not talking about gang graffiti or just someone scrawling their name or tag. Yes, that may be a fine line to some, but to me there is a difference. Would I be mad if someone put tagged my well maintained building, probably. Would I be mad if I owned a building that was in disrepair and tagged it? No. It just comes down to opinion really. I mean, when I am driving down some of our very ugly highways or streets and I see some interesting graffiti, I actually think it enhances. But hey, thats just me. But I also agree that more murals would be great. I am a big fan of murals by Weah and Ack! :

4314865950_0e997f9687.jpg

4314128819_b5115b8fbe.jpg

4241844217_ca02961263.jpg

4314866252_e09c46c1bf.jpg

This is really cool. Where on Main Street is this? I really love this... uh , except for the car with the dented fender in the foreground of the first pic...Ha! Ha!

Main near Tuam. It looks like it used to be Main St Improv Theater.

The inside of it is decorated with a bunch of Tiffany (or imitation Tiffany, I guess?) lamps.

nouveau.jpg

Main near Tuam. It looks like it used to be Main St Improv Theater.

The inside of it is decorated with a bunch of Tiffany (or imitation Tiffany, I guess?) lamps.

nouveau.jpg

Wow! This is very cool. My girlfriend and I will make it over there this weekend, and check it out. Thanks!

Archived