Crime In Katy

inetcfg

Most of us work hard, always trying to make a better life for ourselves.

We all understand that crime are like pests; you do the best you can, but it's just a part of life, no matter where you live.

Anyway, I'm moving to Katy in about 4-5 weeks, and wanted to look up crime stats.

The only thing I've found lately are these two links:

http://blogs.chron.com/insidekaty/archives/2009/05/

http://www.katytimes.com/articles/2009/06/...63274340927.txt

From the blog entries, the sentiment seems to be that there's plenty of crime in Katy, but it is generally kept hush.

Do the members here at HAIF share this view?

Most of us work hard, always trying to make a better life for ourselves.

We all understand that crime are like pests; you do the best you can, but it's just a part of life, no matter where you live.

Anyway, I'm moving to Katy in about 4-5 weeks, and wanted to look up crime stats.

The only thing I've found lately are these two links:

http://blogs.chron.com/insidekaty/archives/2009/05/

http://www.katytimes.com/articles/2009/06/...63274340927.txt

From the blog entries, the sentiment seems to be that there's plenty of crime in Katy, but it is generally kept hush.

Do the members here at HAIF share this view?

There's crime everywhere, but I certainly feel much safer in Katy than I did back home in the N.O. area.

As the transportation infrastructure around Katy improves criminals will travel to where the money is and crimes of opportunity will occur near on-ramps to the Westpark, 99 and IH-10. I generally avoid gas stations and convenience stores hard by any of those major arteries. You might see some opportunity driven residential burglaries in Cinco or Grand Lakes but lots of people are home during the day, few people leave their garage doors up and most homes have alarm systems as standard equipment. Statistically it's pretty safe here, but be aware of your surroundings, stay in condition yellow, always carry your handgun and when you have to shoot a carjacker always remember to say to the police, "I was in fear for my life, I wish to press charges (makes you the aggrieved party) and Lawyer!" Repeat that last as necessary. Cheers!

:lol::P

As the transportation infrastructure around Katy improves criminals will travel to where the money is and crimes of opportunity will occur near on-ramps to the Westpark, 99 and IH-10. I generally avoid gas stations and convenience stores hard by any of those major arteries. You might see some opportunity driven residential burglaries in Cinco or Grand Lakes but lots of people are home during the day, few people leave their garage doors up and most homes have alarm systems as standard equipment. Statistically it's pretty safe here, but be aware of your surroundings, stay in condition yellow, always carry your handgun and when you have to shoot a carjacker always remember to say to the police, "I was in fear for my life, I wish to press charges (makes you the aggrieved party) and Lawyer!" Repeat that last as necessary. Cheers!

:lol::P

And don't forget to throw your chihuahua at them either. The ankles will hurt for days!

Been here 12 years and it has always been pretty much a quiet area until the last 5 years or so as sprawl has made its way.

All in all its still a very safe community but there have been some incidents recently that may show things could be changing but nothing more than most areas face some crime. This area is generaly seen as the place were the money is at so in a sense you gotta kind of think crime is not far behind looking for an easy handout.

I would have to agree, don't fill up along I-10 and stay alert of what's happening around you. My daughter and her mother were at the Academy on IH-10 and Grand Pkwy a few weeks ago. Three trucks (inculding theirs) were broken into at around 3 to 4:30 in the afternoon. My daughters purse and book bag were taken as well as a loaded .45 from the center console. The ex- was not aware that her hubby had left it in there from the weekend. The good thing was Academy has great video surveilance equipment, there were witnesses to one of the crimes and got a good description and plate from the perps car.

I have lived in Katy basically my whole life and have felt very safe. I live in a good neighborhood south of 10, but have seen crime rates increase because we (along with the Woodlands and Sugar Land) are seen as the fair haired areas of town and crime will and has followed. In light of the current economic climate, petty crime will increase as more and more people become more desperate. It stands to reason that we (Katy area) are now on the target list of the criminal element even more so...the haves and the haves nots colide in any community, we will see more of this until the economy starts to fire on all cylinders and put people back to work. Just my opinion.

• 2 years later...

The Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office says at 11:15 a.m., Monday Oct. 3 three bandits entered  the Capital One Bank located in the 23900 block of Westheimer Parkway.  One thief was carrying a handgun and demanded cash.  The suspects also attacked a customer, stealing a purse and a backpack. The suspects are described as two black males and one black female, wearing black hoods,…

View the full article at Covering Katy

• 2 weeks later...

One of the two suspects identified in two recent bank robberies was arrested Thursday afternoon by Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office deputies. Johnathan Charles Simmons, 22, was taken into custody at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13 at a house located in the 12200 block of Ormandy near the intersection of Fondren and South Main…

A second bank robbery suspect has been arrested by Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, and detectives have identified one more suspect and are seeking information on a fourth. Ashley Ann Jackson, 22, turned herself in at the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office. Johnathan Charles Simmons, 22, was arrested Oct. 13. Both are suspects in two bank…

• The title was changed to Thoughts On Crime In Katy?
  • The title was changed to Crime In Katy

Archived