Cleared Property Benfer At Mittlestedt

Does anyone know what is going on with the property on the southwest corner of Mittlestedt and Benfer? It has been completely clear cut. An old abandoned house and barn are being torn down. This is directly across from the project that 2 years ago was clear cut, a street put in, then everything came to a halt. I'm just sick about all the loss of huge beautiful oaks.

Benfer is next door to Strack unless things have changed dramatically since when I went there...

This is referring to the streets, not the schools. The property in question is off Wunderlich, north of 1960.

No clue what they're clearing for, but my guess would be more homes.

Not sure.

I do know that there was a Tax Credit Housing Apartment Complex project ("Ashton Park") that TDHCA was trying to stick in near there over on Wunderlich Rd. It has since been withdrawn (hooray).

Could be that they're proceeding with the buildout of an Apt complex sans the gov't subsidy.

Not sure.

I do know that there was a Tax Credit Housing Apartment Complex project ("Ashton Park") that TDHCA was trying to stick in near there over on Wunderlich Rd. It has since been withdrawn (hooray).

Could be that they're proceeding with the buildout of an Apt complex sans the gov't subsidy.

• The title was changed to Cleared Property Benfer At Mittlestedt

Archived