Lens recommendations

sevfiv

Hi all,

I have a Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c (canon mount) and was wondering if anyone had any tips for a good all around lens. I am mostly taking regular 'ol pictures of buildings and already have a lens that is good for macro stuff.

TIA!

Hi all,

I have a Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c (canon mount) and was wondering if anyone had any tips for a good all around lens. I am mostly taking regular 'ol pictures of buildings and already have a lens that is good for macro stuff.

TIA!

How much do you want to spend?

flipper

It's a little more than you wanted to spend, but the Canon 17-40 F 4.0 L lens is tops... I pretty much leave it on my Canon DSLR at all times. Wide angle is great for architecture. Very sharp.

The first wide angle lens I purchased was a Sigma 15-30... substantially inferior image quality, especially with the aperture wide open.

It's a little more than you wanted to spend, but the Canon 17-40 F 4.0 L lens is tops... I pretty much leave it on my Canon DSLR at all times. Wide angle is great for architecture. Very sharp.

The first wide angle lens I purchased was a Sigma 15-30... substantially inferior image quality, especially with the aperture wide open.

I would have suggested this lens also if the budget doubled :) - The f2.8 on the sigma will be fun though.

flipper

• 3 weeks later...

Naw, I decided to wait until I sell at least one of the scanners, but that doesn't even look promising. :(

I'll just stick to the one I have (Canon EF 28-70 L). I just can't seem to get it to do what I want half the time, but I know it's operator error.

Naw, I decided to wait until I sell at least one of the scanners, but that doesn't even look promising. :(

I'll just stick to the one I have (Canon EF 28-70 L). I just can't seem to get it to do what I want half the time, but I know it's operator error.

Lemme borrow it for a few months and we'll see what the problem is :)

flipper

Archived