Best Japanese Restaurant

Guest Professional Hornblower

Guest Professional Hornblower

I haven't eaten at many, but I think Miyako's on Kirby (Just north of 59) is DELICIOUS!

Go there at lunch and eat for about $8. A huge meal. You won't leave hungry.

Their chicken teriyaki is delicious. The layout of the restaurant itself isn't too inspiring but who cares! I'm busy eating!

Pro's: Taste, cheap, location, parking

Con's: Slow waitors, drab interior, the same meal is about $12 if you get it for dinner. Possibly worth $12, but at $8 its the steal of the century.

• 1 month later...

I happened to eat at Miyako on Saturday night. In the past I always thought it was good, but it looks like a lot of the menu prices have gone up. Considering the amount of food for the money (or lack of same), it really seemed like kind of a rip-off. Don't think I'll be going back for a while.

How odd.. I was actually going to ask about this. My girl is from overseas and it seems all she ever wants to eat is Japanese food. I've never officially asked her, but I've been wanting to take her to a nice one. She loved Todai's.. I think it's good but not amazing, for almost $25/person, you'd expect a buffet to knock your socks off.. and from what I gather, it seems her and her friends think that Teppay's and Azuma are maybe the best.

We love Myakos, but hate the valet situation on the weekends. I always wonder if

they have the authority to block all the parking spaces. As someone leaves, the valets run up and place a cone in front of the spot, so a spot that wasn`t valet 30 min. ago is now. And what happened to myako bucks?

• 3 months later...

My personal opinion - for Hibachi - Tiako on Fountainview and Westheimer. Delicious, huge portions - practically shareable, and the show at the grill is great. I have been to many many places around town, and that place I have consistently had great food, and great service.

For sushi, I like Mikado on Woodway and Bering. But I have been disappointed in the Hibachi several times - mostly in the service, except the time there was a fly in my soup and the guy tried to make it up to me by giving me some green tea ice cream.

Tiako Hands down for me though.