Respectable Politicians

TheNiche

We always hear about scandals and incompetence, but the old saying goes that all press is good press. Nobody ever recognizes the good guys, so their name recognition is low and voters seem to tend towards the devils they know.

As my socially-responsible act for the year, I figured that starting this thread would probably qualify.

Anybody that wants to share a story about a politician that does a good job or is just a good administrator is encouraged to tell their story. And for the sake of civility, let's keep this about state and local politicians only. If we go national, there's no doubt that this thread will get shut down.

We always hear about scandals and incompetence, but the old saying goes that all press is good press. Nobody ever recognizes the good guys, so their name recognition is low and voters seem to tend towards the devils they know.

As my socially-responsible act for the year, I figured that starting this thread would probably qualify.

Anybody that wants to share a story about a politician that does a good job or is just a good administrator is encouraged to tell their story. And for the sake of civility, let's keep this about state and local politicians only. If we go national, there's no doubt that this thread will get shut down.

Although I am not a Republican and didn't vote for him in the election, one person who always comes to mind for me is John McCain. I feel for the most part that he is very honest, he loves his Nation (and not just the red states), he stands up for what he believes in most of the time and doesn't often bend to pressure from his party (although he has done that). President Obama is also very high on my list.

...OK, so what I am to gather from this thread is that aside from one person who violates the conditions put forth in the initial post, nobody on HAIF has any respect for any local or state politicians, whatsoever. Is this accurate?

...OK, so what I am to gather from this thread is that aside from one person who violates the conditions put forth in the initial post, nobody on HAIF has any respect for any local or state politicians, whatsoever. Is this accurate?

Ooops... sorry, didn't see where you said "no national stuff"... sorry for violating the conditions. :blush::rolleyes:

Ooops... sorry, didn't see where you said "no national stuff"... sorry for violating the conditions. :blush::rolleyes:

It's not that your post was at all divisive. Actually, I really appreciate its diplomacy and tact. All the same, I just don't want to open the door to trolls and then watch as the thread that I created becomes rehashed debate of the same old sort, rife with unsupported platitudes and vapid rhetoric.

I wish Bill White could run again for Mayor. It is my opinion that he's done an excellent job and has represented our city well.

He's a good administrator, and up until about a year or so back I considered him a very ethical leader. But in light of the "Tower of Terror" debacle, I question his leadership.

Archived