Black Hawk Helicopters

rsb320

I've seen four Black Hawks flying around town today. I've seen them three different times today. Anybody know what they're doing?

Oh, and all three occasions, they're flying just to the north of downtown, going both east and west.

I've seen four Black Hawks flying around town today. I've seen them three different times today. Anybody know what they're doing?

Oh, and all three occasions, they're flying just to the north of downtown, going both east and west.

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you. :ph34r: Swine Flu Ops?

Nah, seriously. I saw one too and asked a couple of people, but no answers....

They were flying around yesterday, too. I didn't think much of anything about seeing them because we frequently have teams of Chinooks and Apaches fying past our house.

• 1 month later...
Today, there's been a Chinook helicopter going back and forth, east and west, along I-10. I am downtown.

Anybody know what they're doing today?

I saw a black Apache helicopter in the Gulfgate/Park Place areas yesterday. I guess that there must be wargames afoot, or something like that.

Today, there's been a Chinook helicopter going back and forth, east and west, along I-10. I am downtown.

Anybody know what they're doing today?

I have seen this one make 4 trips east and then 4 trip west.

I think that it is spraying a birth control/sterilization formula over the north side of town.

See Screwston

When I lived in Bellaire I used to see them flying above Loop 610 whenever there was a motorcade with the President, Vice President or other dignitary who required Secret Service protection.

Who's visiting Houston this week?

I hear Sir Allen Stanford is back in town. Does he count as a dignitary?

I saw a black Apache helicopter in the Gulfgate/Park Place areas yesterday. I guess that there must be wargames afoot, or something like that.

If you see an Apache south of downtown there is a 90% chance it's the National Gaurd unit based out of Ellington Field.

If you see an Apache in North Houston up to Hunstsville there's a damn good chance it's the Reserve unit out of Lone Star Executive airport(formally Montgomery Airport) in Conroe.

If it's a Black Hawk or Chinook. It's most likely a National Gaurd bird, It's possible that it's a Reserve bird possibly delivering something or someone.

IN ANY CASE it is VERY routine. Often pilots may just fly around to remain current on their aircraft.

Please don't bother any units. IF you do witness an aircraft crash(knock on wood) call 911 and be prepared to answer questions from an investigation team.

I spoke to someone who sometimes knows about these sorts of things. He said he hasn't heard of anything unusual going on. The only notion he could come up with is a very very remote chance they were helpng out with an immigration raid.

Archived