Beverly Hills Sandpit

Paul1956

Whoa...That looks like a lake, not a sand pit. I don't remember it being that large. Looks like the part with the island needs to be cleaned up. And those grocery carts are supposedly very expensive. What is that, a road or a concrete wall in the background? or both? Post 29. 1st pic.

• 5 years later...

Around the end of the 1950's or beginning of the 1960's, my father used to play softball at the Beverly Hills Park. While they were playing softball, my brother and I would explore the sandpits not too far away. I can tell you from looking at Google Maps was that the lake that says Windmill Landing was not there at that time. Parts of it may have been there, but it would have been expanded since I had seen it as a child. I know it was NOT as close to the softball diamond as it shows on Google Maps. The other lakes were probably the sandpits we explored back then. It seems to me there were more sandpits than just three, but the sandpit close to the park may represent multiple sand pits that were combined into one giant lake.

• The title was changed to Beverly Hills Sandpit?
  • The title was changed to Beverly Hills Sandpit

Archived