International And Great Northern Railroad Company (I&GN)

WillowBend56

In recent years there has been talk of implementing a commuter rail system between Austin and San Antonio (and points in between) using existing UP/MP tracks. This was tried back in the mid-1920s. Sorta.

Circa 1924-25, International And Great Northern Railroad (I&GN) - Missouri Pacific System - inaugurated twice daily rail motor car service between the two cities to handle local traffic. Apparently it did not last long. Ahead of its time, perhaps.

• Like 1

In recent years there has been talk of implementing a commuter rail system between Austin and San Antonio (and points in between) using existing UP/MP tracks. This was tried back in the mid-1920s. Sorta.

Circa 1924-25, the International Great Northern Railroad (Missouri Pacific System) inaugurated twice daily rail motor car service between the two cities to handle local traffic. Apparently it did not last long. Ahead of its time, perhaps.

Hopefully, it was ahead of its time. Hopefully by the time the ASA rail is up and running, it'll stay in demand. But with the proposed High-speed rail, the ASA could be obsolete before it even opens...

• The title was changed to International And Great Northern Railroad Company (I&GN)