Image Hunter Challenge

jookyhc

I would really love to have a digital copy of the earliest renderings of what was then being called "The Ballpark At Union Station" strictly for the purpose of my own enjoyment.

I know of at least 3 stages of renderings. Late in the design/ construction process, there were images created by (or under contract for) HOK that showed the ballpark essentially as it is, with green seats. Prior to that the middle stage showed the ballpark, essentially as it is, with blue and yellow seats (then the Astros colors). What I am looking for are the pictures from before that. I have seen a poster of the ballpark, (I believe) before HOK was even brought on board, that a ballpark that is vaguely familiar, but has crawford box type seats spanning all of left feild. I know that the former State Representative Ken Yarborough has a poster of the ballpark vision in this stage, and I clearly remember this image from the political campaign to create the sports authorty, but I cannot seem to find these pics online.

Thanks to the internet archive I have an image that's pretty early second stage and might have some of the early rendering cues still in it, but it's so small I can't make it out very well.

smnwstad.jpg

Anyone who can provide a good pic of this earliest rendering will be showered with praise. I can't offer much more than that, but I would really love to get ahold of these pics, and I'd bet some other folks around here would as well.

I would really love to have a digital copy of the earliest renderings of what was then being called "The Ballpark At Union Station" strictly for the purpose of my own enjoyment.

I know of at least 3 stages of renderings. Late in the design/ construction process, there were images created by (or under contract for) HOK that showed the ballpark essentially as it is, with green seats. Prior to that the middle stage showed the ballpark, essentially as it is, with blue and yellow seats (then the Astros colors). What I am looking for are the pictures from before that. I have seen a poster of the ballpark, (I believe) before HOK was even brought on board, that a ballpark that is vaguely familiar, but has crawford box type seats spanning all of left feild. I know that the former State Representative Ken Yarborough has a poster of the ballpark vision in this stage, and I clearly remember this image from the political campaign to create the sports authorty, but I cannot seem to find these pics online.

Thanks to the internet archive I have an image that's pretty early second stage and  might have some of the early rendering cues still in it, but it's so small I can't make it out very well.

smnwstad.jpg

Anyone who can provide a good pic of this earliest rendering will be showered with praise. I can't offer much more than that, but I would really love to get ahold of these pics, and I'd bet some other folks around here would as well.

jookyhc owes me praise parade :-) is this what you're looking for?! :Dhttp://www.hchsa.org/minutemaid/enron_renderings.html

I'm sure you're deserving of praise for something, but not for finding what I'm looking for.

I believe the hchsa pics are all HOK drawings, and they fairly accurately depict the ballpark as it is today. These pics you've linked to are what I've identified as the phase 2 and 3 renderings. The phase 1 rendering that I'm hoping to find was actually circulated during the referendum campaign, and then never widely seen again.

I was told that there were only three copies of the rendering made, and only in poster form and that they are they are owned byKen Yarborough, Drayton McClane and Bob Lanier. I'm really hoping that this isn't true.

This picture, should I ever find it, will actually go in my collection along side my video, produced by the Oilers sometime around 1993, depicting the downtown dome they wanted the county to build for them. In the very limited capacity computer animation, the Oilers propose a dome, similar to the Alamodome, that they could share with the Rockets, and could also host car shows, conventions and other such events. It's fascinating to watch, and if I had the capability to make it an mpg, I'd be glad to share it, but alas it's on VHS.

Also, here's an early rendering of what we now call the Toyota Center. You can see it's vaguely close to what we now have, but certainly not as much as the later renderings. Very similar comparisson in fact to the Ballpark at Union Station pics I'm looking for.

newfront.jpg

Archived