Businesses coming to and leaving Houston

I'm always interested in news of businesses coming and leaving Houston. I thought a thread keeping track of them would be fun.

Read about this one today...

Global Clean to relocate headquarters to Houston

Global Clean Energy Inc. is planning to relocate its corporate headquarters to Houston as it expands its renewable energy offerings.

About five employees from the Denver office will be moving to Houston in the next couple of months, and the Denver office will be closed, according to Lesage Adessky, a spokesman for the company.

The company has about eight full-time consultants and about 50 contract consultants, he added.

Houston's commitment to assist and promote renewable energy companies was among the factors that attracted the company to the city, according to Global Clean.

The company said it is currently looking for a site in Texas for its production facility that will create 300 jobs over the next three to five years, Adessky said.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...23/daily39.html

Edited by lockmat

Just to help us (or maybe just me?) keep track of this stuff...

Quantum will move to Houston

Oil and gas investment firm Quantum Resources Management will move its headquarters from Denver to Houston with the naming of Alan Smith as president and CEO. He replaced Donald Wolf, who will serve as chairman.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...c=19799&hl=