Bus lanes... could they work for Houston?

I've been reading up on the famous Sao Paulo bus system... they have a massive fleet of busses (the largest in the world) and they actually operate them in dedicated bus lanes on city streets and freeways. Because of this, the busses can move a lot faster, and it forms a much more efficient transportation network. Does anyone think that this could work well for Houston?

^^ Thanks for the link to that film. I was wondering about possibly creating separate HOV lanes to serve as BRT lanes. If Houston decided to beef up its bus service, this would be an even quicker way to get people out to the suburbs. It would also take the busses out of the regular HOV (soon to be HOT) lanes. This cuts down the trip time for everyone.

^^ Thanks for the link to that film. I was wondering about possibly creating separate HOV lanes to serve as BRT lanes.
the cost would be prohibitive since the lanes wouldn't be utilized to their fullest. the current work well because they serve both bus riders and drivers. you want to keep the lane as full as possible but at the same time keep it moving. this is where the tolls or additional restrictions come in to keep riders off during peak times. Edited by musicman