Question

JFC

Why do all the midtown restaurant threads get moved to the restaurant and entertainment forum? I understand it fits under there, but sometimes I feel it would be better if the announcement of new places and little description and discussion would be left in here. Because these new establishments are part of the nieghborhood as much as a new residential development.

It would get confusing if restaurant and entertainment topics were in both the Restaurant and Entertainment sub-forum and the neighborhood sub-forums. Since there is now a separate topic area for restaurants and clubs, it seems like it makes more sense to have the discussions there, and use the neighborhood forums for discussion of architecture, development, etc.

It would get confusing if restaurant and entertainment topics were in both the Restaurant and Entertainment sub-forum and the neighborhood sub-forums.  Since there is now a separate topic area for restaurants and clubs, it seems like it makes more sense to have the discussions there, and use the neighborhood forums for discussion of architecture, development, etc.

Again, these are developments for the area. I for one am opposed to having a seperate sub-forum b/c I believe it makes these developments seem like they are inferior to other developments.

I have to warn you though, you've been here as long as me - you know we are bad about staying on topic.

You said it, I didn't.

It's not saying that restaurants are inferior to other developments, but it was getting confusing for many members to have topics about bars or whatnot jumbled in with the normal threads in the neighborhood sub-forums. Bars and restaurants (or politics, for that matter) just aren't meant to be the primary focus of this board, so it made more sense to have a separate topic area for those discussions.

You said it, I didn't. 

It's not saying that restaurants are inferior to other developments, but it was getting confusing for many members to have topics about bars or whatnot jumbled in with the normal threads in the neighborhood sub-forums.  Bars and restaurants (or politics, for that matter) just aren't meant to be the primary focus of this board, so it made more sense to have a separate topic area for those discussions.

Question answered. Time to move on. Thanks.