Speed Trap Old Katy Rd and Hempstead Hwy

The dept of transportation has a form you can fill out and/or a number you can call if you want to get a speed limit changed. They are required to do a study first. Seems this is mostly to request a limit be lowered but I sent in a request that the limits be raised on Hempstead hwy and Old Katy Rd where they constantly have speed traps. If others agree and will also send in a request maybe we can get the limit changed.

The number to call is 806-775-2132

http://www.ci.lubbock.tx.us/citizenPInfo.aspx?ID=62

You will need to register to use the online form.

How does going to a City of Lubbock website help raise speed limits on a road in Houston? :blink:

Requests go to the txdot not the city. However it seems the TXDOT is only responsible for Hwys, not sure if that includes the feeder roads, so I am including a city address below. I have worked in the same area for over 20 years. They constantly have speed traps on Old Katy Road and Hempstead Hwy because the speed limit is set too low.

City of Houston

Department of Public Works and Engineering

PO Box 1562

Houston, Texas 77251-1562

Speed limits on Texas highways are set by the 85th percentile method, which represents the speed the majority of drivers will be traveling at or below. ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/.../pub_limits.pdf

Edited by mumbles