Greenspoint Area New Construction

Driving Beltway 8 today and noticed a large building/complex being built in what used to be pastures South of Beltway 8, West of I-45 and just east of Houston National Cemetery. The construction was much larger than typical tilt wall buildings that have been springing up along the North Beltway. Anybody know what this is going to be?

Driving Beltway 8 today and noticed a large building/complex being built in what used to be pastures South of Beltway 8, West of I-45 and just east of Houston National Cemetery. The construction was much larger than typical tilt wall buildings that have been springing up along the North Beltway. Anybody know what this is going to be?

Its just another industrial park - similar to what is on the southeast corner that was built a year ago

I guess curiosity got the best of me because it really didn't look like another industrial park as U080570 indicated, so I drove by today while on that side of town. It is Sysco's new 585,000 sq ft distribution center that was mentioned 2 years ago on HAIF.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=13291

• 3 weeks later...
I guess curiosity got the best of me because it really didn't look like another industrial park as U080570 indicated, so I drove by today while on that side of town. It is Sysco's new 585,000 sq ft distribution center that was mentioned 2 years ago on HAIF.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=13291

I just noticed this new construction as well. If memory serves me right, this land is owned by the cochrill family. I believe its been held by them for 30 years or so. Very patient and with grand plans for this location. They holdings here are significant, 1000 acre ball park as I recall. So will be interesting to see what else occurs here or if the demographics over come things as they seem likely to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Greenspoint Area New Construction

Archived