New automobiles

DMac

Anyone have any idea as to how many NEW {domestic & import} cars, trucks, SUV's etc. are sitting @ dealers, ports and warehoused all over America? I would take a SWAG that the # might be about 577,000. Any idea as to how many dealers {domestic & import}? And to thank that what ever that # is the big 3 continue to mfg. new cars daily and foreign imports continue to come in from across the pond.

Respectfully

Danny

Chrysler's CEO threatened the dealers just the other day. He said something to the effect that if the dealers didn't buy in excess of an EXTRA 70,000 in vehicles that Chrysler would most likely NOT make it to March. He then added that if Chrysler should somehow happen to make it through March, then the dealers who didn't help buy up these units will definately be "Remembered". So Chrysler is actually looking for the dealers to help prop up Chrysler with basically some EXTRA "bailout" funds.

Chrysler's CEO threatened the dealers just the other day. He said something to the effect that if the dealers didn't buy in excess of an EXTRA 70,000 in vehicles that Chrysler would most likely NOT make it to March. He then added that if Chrysler should somehow happen to make it through March, then the dealers who didn't help buy up these units will definately be "Remembered". So Chrysler is actually looking for the dealers to help prop up Chrysler with basically some EXTRA "bailout" funds.

Wow, now that is some long term strategery.

flipper

He then added that if Chrysler should somehow happen to make it through March, then the dealers who didn't help buy up these units will definately be "Remembered".

Hmmm. I wonder if Nardelli is a Sicilian name..... In any event, I'm sure the CEO is merely making a suggestion. He would hate to see anyone suffer as a result of making a silly mistake. :lol:

Hmmm. I wonder if Nardelli is a Sicilian name..... In any event, I'm sure the CEO is merely making a suggestion. He would hate to see anyone suffer as a result of making a silly mistake. :lol:

I am thinking this whole speech is on youtube somewhere. It was a "closed meeting" type deal with the heads of Chrysler and the dealers, only. Don't think he knew it was being recorded.

Chrysler has long had an excess inventory problem.

Bob Nardelli is not exactly the sharpest tool in the auto executive shed.

Both granted. But there is demand for a lot of those vehicles, they just are having to go unpurchased until credit loosens up, employment goes back up, and small businesses start making money again. Think about all the Dodge trucks and vans you see in commercial livery. I think it's premature to say that the new Ram pickup, for example, is worthless. It's a very good, competitive truck and a worthy competitor to the F-150.

Chrysler has long had an excess inventory problem.

Bob Nardelli is not exactly the sharpest tool in the auto executive shed.

Both granted. But there is demand for a lot of those vehicles, they just are having to go unpurchased until credit loosens up, employment goes back up, and small businesses start making money again. Think about all the Dodge trucks and vans you see in commercial livery. I think it's premature to say that the new Ram pickup, for example, is worthless. It's a very good, competitive truck and a worthy competitor to the F-150.

There is a great little video I need to show you marmer. I will try to find it. Although you may have heard of the Silver Creek test trials already ? Here it is.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This is why I only buy Dodge trucks.

So, who's gonna cover your warranty when they go belly-up LTA ?

There is a great little video I need to show you marmer. I will try to find it. Although you may have heard of the Silver Creek test trials already ? Here it is.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I think that was LTA's point. He buys Dodge trucks because he hasn't had a reliability problem with these vehicles.

Nice. I never said the F-150 wasn't a beast. It is. But the new Ram is also a good truck. In particular, the different rear suspension is one of the reasons why the Ram has a much smoother ride than its predecessor (and the F-150) Chrysler made a choice to trade-off maximum towing capacity and some of the rear suspension stiffness to improve on-road dynamics.

If your truck requirements include driving that fast on that kind of road surface, clearly the F-150 is the best choice. But I wonder how many truck owners actually have to do that in the real world. I'll bet they have to buy a lot of tires, wheels, and shocks if they do! :)

Having said all that, even I think Chrysler won't survive the year. But from what I've heard, there will probably be some kind of escrow account for warranty claims, at least for a while, if Chrysler or GM fails.

Archived