Audio Advertisements on HAIF

TheNiche

For the last couple of days I've been hearing audio advertisements start up when I'm surfing HAIF. The first one was the same both yesterday and today, and it is an ad for construction services. I usually have many tabs open, so it is possible that this is some other website's fault. It is also possible that I have a virus. One way or the other, I'd like to know whether this really is a HAIF issue or whether this is an issue with my new computer (which should be clean and virus-free but probably isn't).

For the last couple of days I've been hearing audio advertisements start up when I'm surfing HAIF. The first one was the same both yesterday and today, and it is an ad for construction services. I usually have many tabs open, so it is possible that this is some other website's fault. It is also possible that I have a virus. One way or the other, I'd like to know whether this really is a HAIF issue or whether this is an issue with my new computer (which should be clean and virus-free but probably isn't).

The advertising companies HAIF works with allow me to block certain kinds of ads. Audio ads are one of those that are specifically blocked. But that doesn't mean one can't slip through if it's not properly coded by the person who puts it into the system.

I'll double check to make sure there aren't any audio ads running, but since the ads change every day it can be hard for me to find them. Assuming it's an ad running on HAIF, if you can figure out which ad is making the noise it's a little easier to track down and block (a screen shot is most helpful).

2) I use adblock (but not sure if that blocks audio or not, i presume not)

Since you're also not a subscriber, do you mind giving me your address so I can come over to your home and take the food out of your family's mouth, too?

It only seems fair.

Archived