Q4 National Office Space rankings

lockmat

by me and Grubb & Ellis, because...why not?

I just felt like comparing some basic information for the cities I was interested in, and here it is...

What, you aren't interested in Detroit!? :o:P

Nice work, but I'd have been more interested in seeing comparative absorption figures than vacancy. The thing about vacancy is that it can be misleading in regions such as New England, Northern California, and the Pacific Northwest, where there can be significant barriers to entry. Absorption translates pretty directly into job gains (or losses). In fact, absorption figures across different classes of real estate can be a better indicator of GDP growth than are the preliminary GDP estimates themselves.

What, you aren't interested in Detroit!? :o:P

Nice work, but I'd have been more interested in seeing comparative absorption figures than vacancy. The thing about vacancy is that it can be misleading in regions such as New England, Northern California, and the Pacific Northwest, where there can be significant barriers to entry. Absorption translates pretty directly into job gains (or losses). In fact, absorption figures across different classes of real estate can be a better indicator of GDP growth than are the preliminary GDP estimates themselves.

Yes, you're right.

I was also thinking that in a place that's booming and has an easier process to actually break ground, might be more susceptible to having more vacancy and the reverse could be true for such a place like NY where the rate is so low, maybe because it's more difficult to get it off the ground? These are my assumptions.