question on HAIF

TexasVines

I use Mozilla and it has the spell check (Thank You God), but the question is.....when NoScript is active the fast reply goes to some other HAIF front page, but when NoScript is turned off for this forum the spell check does not work in a regular reply or a new thread, but it does work in the fast reply window

what is the deal Czhilispiel?

I don't use Windows or NoScript, so I can't say exactly what's going on, but here's my guess --

The Quickreply feature is a Javascript too. When you use NoScript, you deactivate Javascript so it cannot function.

The Mozilla spell checker function may require some kind of Javascript to function, possibly for dynamic work lookup. So NoScript messes with it.

While a lot of people like NoScript, the fact is that it does have a fair number of bugs and can bend or break some web pages, especially complex ones. I suspect when the new version of HAIF comes out in a few weeks users of NoScript will find it more of a liability than an asset.

FWIW, people who use Macs don't have this problem since the spell checker is built in to the operating system and functions across all applications.

I'm using FF 3.0.5, with NoScript 1.8.8.8, and the spell checker is working on fast reply. I've never been sent to a weird page after submitting a fast reply. My NoScript is configured to allow scripts from "houstonarchitecture.info".

I'm using FF 3.0.5, with NoScript 1.8.8.8, and the spell checker is working on fast reply. I've never been sent to a weird page after submitting a fast reply. My NoScript is configured to allow scripts from "houstonarchitecture.info".

well I reloaded XP last night from a fresh format of the HD and I am using Firefox 3.0.5 (I was actually using firefox before I just still call it mozilla) and I do not have noscript on here now

the spell check does work in the regular reply now, but is seems if a post gets very long it will stop in the regular reply after a bit because I am pretty sure it did in one of my two wordy post of the day today.....(and in fact it stopped working now in this post the HAIF below in the membag line was the last thing it corrected in regular reply, but when I cut that reply out and pasted into the fast reply it corrected the noscript after HAIF and it started to correct all that I am now typing within these parenthesis when it was not correcting that in the regular reply)

and memebag if you allow HAIF in noscript then the fast reply will function properly

oh well seems all is good now as long as I keep it short thanks for the reply

PS it will also correct all in "edit post mode" as well

strange :huh:

Archived