Louisiana State University

I went back home to Baton Rouge to visit my family and decided to take some pictures in and around LSU. I got lucky, LSU was on spring break so there were no crowds.

University Lakes outside the gates of the University.

S4300003.jpg

S4300004.jpg

S4300005.jpg

S4300006.jpg

S4300007.jpg

S4300008.jpg

S4300009.jpg

S4300010.jpg

Chimes street out side the North Gate

S4300011.jpg

Beautiful Pics!!!

Although I went to Louisisana Tech for College, I still love going to LSU football games. Use to do it all the time growing up with my family. The campus is very beatiful anytime of the year. Many people also don't realized how nice of a city Baton Rouge is to live.

Beautiful Pics!!!

Although I went to Louisisana Tech for College, I still love going to LSU football games.  Use to do it all the time growing up with my family.  The campus is very beatiful anytime of the year.  Many people also don't realized how nice of a city Baton Rouge is to live.

I never realized how beautiful that campus is. I have never been to Baton Rouge, but I would love to check it out one weekend. How long is the drive from Houston?

It's about 4 hours at the most. It really depends if you do the real speed limit on the Atchafalaya Spillway. The speed it 60 mph on a 20 mile long bridge through swamp. It's about half and half for the people that follow the speed limit and don't.

The construction through Louisiana on I-10 I think is waining down.

Wow!

I have never visited the campus but only have driven through on the way to New Orleans....

It isn't a backwater swamp campus afterall.... Now University of Louisiana- Lafayette (formerly USL)....that's a different story.

Thanks guys. LSU is usually ranked every year as one of the top 10 most beautiful campus in the U.S. Louisianaians take great pride in LSU, it is one thing that unites the state. What ever LSU wants LSU gets, this is because it is the state's flag ship university with really no competition. Just for some background information. LSU was once a huge military school. General Sherman (the man who burned Atlanta to the ground and march to the sea) was president of LSU during the reconstruction. The new Chancellor is O'Keefe who was the head of NASA so several years.

Geaux Tigers!

It's about 4 hours at the most.  It really depends if you do the real speed limit on the Atchafalaya Spillway.  The speed it 60 mph on a 20 mile long bridge through swamp.  It's about half and half for the people that follow the speed limit and don't.

The construction through Louisiana on I-10 I think is waining down.

4 hours? i'm in new orleans in 4 hours! that's my record at least. i was probably speeding a little. plus i start on 146 and cut to 10, so i avoid houston completely.

nice pics, it is a beautiful campus. i'll have to try and stop by some day.

My wife is from Baton Rouge (Red Stick) and we frequent the campus often. My son loves Mike (the tiger) and virtually her entire family for the last 40 years went to LSU.

Although it's a little boring for me I like to Visit BR, it's a well kept town. Oh, and has some great food to.

it is about 320 miles from my place, all pretty much freeway. i take 146 to empty farm roads and meet up with I-10 at FM 565 in Cove.

so i averaged 80, which is easily doable when there's no traffic. i've never had any problems with cops on TX interstates going 10-15 over.

i was just saying 4 hours is my record, it usually takes around 4 and a half.

no, i didn't know they did that there. i know they do it in arkansas and oklahoma. guess my radar detector wouldn't do me any good in that situation huh? they just use markers to figure out your average speed.

i usually slow down coming across the border, then speed back up and fly over those causeways.

i've been lucky so far.

Archived