Can anyone offer help w my dilema

Hts4fun

My boyfriend and I are looking for a house to buy as the short sale we were hoping for has gotten a bit silly. We would love to stay in the Heights or close around 610 Sheppard Park areas but at the moment not a lot offered for what we are seeking in our price range of no more than $375.00 with pool. We've found a great little townhome on Fisher near Garden Oaks but it has a bar in the back and wood chipping business on the side with who knows what down the road, that's a little scary. The den is also a worry as it states the size as 19x15 but feels smaller. There is bonus room upstairs, the rest is great has three large bedrooms with master down. It's not idea as my boyfriend is from England and would love a yard for sun, however this offers a small patio yard that one could place a hot tub and nice patio area, seems idea as master has French doors leading to patio. The house new construction by LBJ Builders custom builder

If anyone can offer insight or any other options it would be most appreciated. The other thought is to store it all with PODS and go into corporate housing for the next few months and see what hits the markets in Sheppard Park area.

That's what I would suggest....don't get in a hurry to buy anything. Wait a little while and you'll find the house you want for the price you want.

Did you see this house: http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

That's what I would suggest....don't get in a hurry to buy anything. Wait a little while and you'll find the house you want for the price you want.

Did you see this house: http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

You might also keep Oak Forest on the radar. It's just west of Garden Oaks and there are some nicely remodeled homes in the area. A few of them have included a pool but I don't think there are any with a pool currently on the market. However it wouldn't be hard to find a nice house for 225K - 250K and add a pool yourself and still come in well below your price limit.

If you stay close to the Ella & 43rd area there is a nice Kroger and a new shopping center that is starting to fill out (Starbucks, Wine Bar, Massage Envy) and another one about to go up, within walking distance.

When we started looking for a house last year we really thought we would end up in Garden Oaks but decided Oak Forest was a much better fit for our taste and budget.

Thank you all for feedback. Pearland would be too far for other half going to Greenspoint each day but perfect for me to Hobby. We looked at Fall Creek today, also Summerwood. Does anyone have feedback on Summerwood regarding schools and resale value?

At the moment we have contract on 2400sq townhouse on Fisher A unit which you can see on HAR near GardenOaks for $339,000. It has a SMALL back yard that we might could ge a hot tub on. As far as investment goes it's probably the better deal. Each bit of space is used and it's master is down with all large rooms except den which says is 19X15 but feels smaller. We have 14 days to backout, as somedays we would really like a yard with pool kinda feeling up and down like a yoyo. There is only the two of us but it's nice to be able to walk outside with a relaxing enviroment, thus the problem.

Thank you!

Edited by Hts4fun

You're looking at buying in Garden Oaks which has arguably not so great schools, but you're worried about the Schools in Summerwood? I don't get it. Are schools important or not?

BTW, There's WAY more appreciation potential for a house close in on a larger lot.

Thank you all for feedback. Pearland would be too far for other half going to Greenspoint each day but perfect for me to Hobby. We looked at Fall Creek today, also Summerwood. Does anyone have feedback on Summerwood regarding schools and resale value?

At the moment we have contract on 2400sq townhouse on Fisher A unit which you can see on HAR near GardenOaks for $339,000. It has a SMALL back yard that we might could ge a hot tub on. As far as investment goes it's probably the better deal. Each bit of space is used and it's master is down with all large rooms except den which says is 19X15 but feels smaller. We have 14 days to backout, as somedays we would really like a yard with pool kinda feeling up and down like a yoyo. There is only the two of us but it's nice to be able to walk outside with a relaxing enviroment, thus the problem.

Thank you!

Have you even considered the Heights ? I think that is the perfect fit for you two.