Need help finding an apartment

MetroMogul

Take your time in answering because we're not moving out of our tiny studio until next December unless we decide to buy out the lease.

I'm asking because I make 40K at my current job and my spouse just graduated from UH with a degree in education so I expect she'll be teaching by August so that'll be about 80K in income (before Uncle Sam take his share). What are some good apartments to consider relocating to? I have my sights set on Midtown but if you have any other areas feel free to add on.

Here's what I'm looking for.....

Rent 800-1100

1 Bedroom

Pets

That's it.

Take your time in answering because we're not moving out of our tiny studio until next December unless we decide to buy out the lease.

I'm asking because I make 40K at my current job and my spouse just graduated from UH with a degree in education so I expect she'll be teaching by August so that'll be about 80K in income (before Uncle Sam take his share). What are some good apartments to consider relocating to? I have my sights set on Midtown but if you have any other areas feel free to add on.

Here's what I'm looking for.....

Rent 800-1100

1 Bedroom

Pets

That's it.

There are a bunch of 2-1 duplexes for that price range in and around Montrose. Up to the owner whether pets are allowed. Some are never listed on HAR, they just put signs up. I preferred that type of living way more than the complex/garage parking life. Depends on what you like.

There always seems to be at least one unit in my small townhouse development for sale or lease. Hard to say what will be available a year from now, but they are nice 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom units, with a loft that can be used as an office or whatever. They might be a bit high for your price range, but certainly affordable on 80k salary.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Midtown Properties. They bought many inner-loop small complexes and have completely re-done them very tastefully. Cats, no dogs. They had issues with people not scooping after pooping. (The dogs).

http://www.midtownpropertiesinc.com/

Also, here is a resource to help you in your search.

http://intheloo.startlogic.com//new/services.html

• The title was changed to Need help finding an apartment

Archived