iPhone 3G

My wife upgraded to the iPhone 3G last week. It's nice. It feels much lighter, but much less substantial than the original iPhone. Mostly I like that she has excellend 3G coverage wherever she goes so I don't have to field so many "why is my mail so slow?" complaints.

I did a side-by-side of the geolocation features of the regular iPhone and the 3G. Here are the results:

gallery_1_65_49707.pnggallery_1_65_16720.jpg

The iPhone is on the left and gives an approximate location of where I was sitting. The iPhone 3G is on the right, and the blue ball is exactly on where I was sitting, and the blue ring moves out like a sonar ping.

Aside from the internet speed, and the ability to use regular headphones, that's about the only difference between the two. I do worry about the 3G's durability, but I haven't heard many complaints about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one for a while, both the original and the 3g and I can't live without it. Not just because its a phone but as the ultimate reference tool. The apps are so cool. Weather, banking, movies, just about anything you need. Just went to Disney world. Bought a parking location gps app that remembers where you parked your car. Super useful. 99 cents! The only thing is that the battery gets used up if you use it heavy. I bought a car charger just for that reason.

Archived