Stereo Warehouse

Here's a Houston classic fer ya...Remember Stereo Warehouse? The guy smashing the axe though Marantz speakers and receivers? Went out of business alleging that Fed-Ex or somebody lost their package of cash.

I bought a bunch-o-crap from the one on Edgebrook/I-45.

Edited by Paul1956

• 13 years later...
  • The title was changed to Stereo Warehouse
  • 4 months later...
On 12/19/2008 at 12:33 PM, Paul1956 said:

Here's a Houston classic fer ya...Remember Stereo Warehouse? The guy smashing the axe though Marantz speakers and receivers? Went out of business alleging that Fed-Ex or somebody lost their package of cash.

I bought a bunch-o-crap from the one on Edgebrook/I-45.

It was true!   It wasn't cash, it was all the customer checks and charges (remember carbon paper charge swiper?) that were lost.  He couldn't cover it and went out of business.....

• 2 weeks later...

There use to be a electronics store that use to sell mostly CB Radios I saw at ad for it online years ago at was at the corner of Bissonnet at Beechnut it closed in like 1985. 

There use to be a electronics repair store Hillcroft at Braseheather around the corner in the same strip shopping center as Happy Lamp it closed in like 2005.  I took something get repaired there it was $$$ to get the item fixed.