Reputable Pumbers In The Katy Area

Robin

We are in need of a new hot water heater. John Moore Plumbing estimated 1600.00 which sounds very high to me. I called some other local pumbers, but they all charge a fee to come out and give me an estimate. I don't care that much IF the estimate fee is applied to the actual charges IF we use that plumber, but I want to find a reputable pumber who does good work. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

• Like 1

Mike Bates at Harvard Plumbing (281-351-9224) did our tankless WH when we did our remodel two years ago. He was very good and reasonable and easy to work with. He is based on Tomball and he came to work for us in Timbergrove so I am pretty sure he'll go to Katy, too. (Pasadena or Clear Lake, maybe not :) )

After using the tankless for a couple of years now, I recommend everyone look into it but it will cost around $1000 or more and the tone of your post tells me that you might not be looking for something that extensive or costly. But I'm sure Mike does old-style normal tank heaters, too.

Good luck.

Edited by cottonmather0

I don't have a suggestion for a plumber but do have a question - where in the house is the hot water heater located? They are fairly easy to change out yourself. I am guessing that it is in your attic - just drain the old one (hook a water hose up to it), then unhook it and set it aside. Bring the new one up, hook it up, and you are done. The challange is getting the new one up there. $1,600 seems excessive.

• The title was changed to Reputable Pumbers In The Katy Area